Sunday, February 17, 2013

Challenges 6 and 7

Challenge 6 
This is the link to my Netvibes page.

http://www.netvibes.com/stephrobinson#General

I like how you can create a private page and a public page.  There are several widgets to choose from in each category.  Next week, I will allow my students to go to this page to search for information they can use for their biography project.


Challenge 7

I spoke with my colleague Nicole Hackett about how we could use "reverse mentoring" opportunities to stay abreast of digital citizenship.  We both teach third grade at L.E. Willson Elementary School and we often work closely on projects for our students. Next week, we are having our students complete a biography of a person of their choice.  We read a biography about Gertrude Ederle last week and we want them to create an extension project. Our students have used Storyjumper and Storybird in technology class.  We are not very familiar with either of these tools.  Since our students have used and created items using them in technology we are assuming the will be "reverse mentors" during this project.  My students recently created a Storykit on the iPad about a natural disaster.  We have an iPad cart at our school so the students were able to work on their own iPad.  They were able to act as "reverse mentors" and show me and each other several tips and tricks about using Storykit.   Next week while working on our biography projects we will use an iPad again to conduct their research.  I am looking forward to learning more tips and tricks they will show me while conducting research.

No comments:

Post a Comment